Yea, it's too bad that not many people know about it.  I first asked and
they told me it is done automatically.  That was 3 years ago.  I never had a
problem for 3 years until now.  So, I'm going back to the old way as I did
in Javascript and C programming.  I first started PHP 3 years ago, so it's
no wonder why there's all the confusion when I was just an innocent victim.
:-)

"Cal Evans" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> John.
>
> > Actually, "08" is equal to 8 in PHP. PHP will convert the string to an
> >integer and the two will compare as equal.
>
> No they are not equal. Yes, PHP will do the conversion so that they are
> equal. That does not refute the fact that logically '08' != 8.
>

> > Someone already posted why the problem was happening, because the
numbers
> > were being converted to invalid octal numbers and being set to zero.
>
> I understand the problem at hand. (and did when I posted) However, if
Scott