Thanks for the welcome!  And naturally, I need help. :-)

I am just learning PHP, although I have taken programming classes in C and
am a little familiar with writing small scripts.

My husband wrote a simple PHP script for a client of ours, which I have the
pleasure of fine-tuning, the idea being to get me to learn PHP.

Well, the script doesn't do what it should, and neither I nor even my
husband can figure out why.  Hopefully, someone here can guide us as to what
we are doing wrong. :-)

Basically, all the script does (or should do) is build an e-mail to a client
based on a set of variables defined by the user, using an HTML form.  It is
also supposed to warn the user with a "print" message whenever a variable is
missing.  The form is at the following address:
http://www.swedishengineering.com/newsite/requestresponse.html

I've saved the script in text format so that you can look at, it is located
at the following address:
http://www.swedishengineering.com/newsite/requestresponse.rtf

The errors are as follows:

When the customer's e-mail is omitted, a print message should appear, to the
effect of "Hey, you need to specify the e-mail!".  However, when the e-mail
is omitted *and* one of the options is clicked, the message does not appear,
but rather, the user gets re-directed to the index page.

When the "Parts" option is chosen, but no parts are indicated, a print
message should appear to let the user know that a part number needs to be
entered.  However, the script bypasses this and builds the e-mail anyway.

I hope this makes sense and would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks!!

Julie