On Saturday 01 February 2003 00:47, Julie Williams wrote:

> Basically, all the script does (or should do) is build an e-mail to a
> client based on a set of variables defined by the user, using an HTML form.
>  It is also supposed to warn the user with a "print" message whenever a
> variable is missing.  The form is at the following address:
> http://www.swedishengineering.com/newsite/requestresponse.html
>
> I've saved the script in text format so that you can look at, it is located
> at the following address:
> http://www.swedishengineering.com/newsite/requestresponse.rtf

If your code isn't humungous then you should include it (inline, not as an
attachment) with your post. There are many reasons why people would not click
on a link to see your code (laziness, or fear of being social-engineered to
spread the latest MS-related exploit etc).

If your code _is_ humungous, then a link might be appropriate and note saying
_why_ you're posting a link would be nice.

Also, your intent to make the code look pretty(?) by converting to RTF seems
misguided. Stick to plain-text.

> The errors are as follows:
>
> When the customer's e-mail is omitted, a print message should appear, to
> the effect of "Hey, you need to specify the e-mail!".  However, when the
> e-mail is omitted *and* one of the options is clicked, the message does not
> appear, but rather, the user gets re-directed to the index page.
>
> When the "Parts" option is chosen, but no parts are indicated, a print
> message should appear to let the user know that a part number needs to be
> entered.  However, the script bypasses this and builds the e-mail anyway.
>
> I hope this makes sense and would greatly appreciate any help.

It's good you that you explain what you're trying to do, and what you expect
the program to do, and what actually happens instead. (Some people just say
"here's my code, it doesn't work, what's wrong?" -- or words to that effect)

However it would make more sense if we could see some code :)