Brian V Bonini schrieb:
> On Thu, 2003-02-06 at 10:03, Goetz Lohmann wrote:
>
>>Brian V Bonini schrieb:
>>
>>>Been using PHP for some time but never have actually compiled my own,
>>>the version my provider compiled always sufficed, anyway, I
>>>I'm having some issues.
>>
>>NOTE: once compiled, this PHP package runs without the include files,
>>cause they are "included" to the package. So you provider had freetype
>>version 2 and xpm installed, you might not have this.
>>

> I got it, thanks... I was just being lazy and did not want to have to
> install a newer freetype which also meant having to install GNU make
> because BSD make will not work to install freetype. Unfortunately after
> upgrading all my PHP sites stopped working, I suspect due to a change in
> syntax or perhaps just poor coding practices in the past....

everytime nice to help someone ;-)

the major change from 4.2.x to 4.3.x might be some security issues which
normaly prevent

http://my.domain.com/test.php?id=123
<?php echo "$id"; ?>

to work, which was most common in the past !
instead you have to use $_GET['id'] to go through but take a look at:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/tutorial.oldcode.php

--
 @  Goetz Lohmann, Germany   |   Web-Developer & Sys-Admin