Hi,

During the configure I get this error message.

configure: error: Cannot find header files under /var/lib/mysql

a whereis mysql produce the following output:
mysql: /usr/bin/mysql /usr/lib/mysql /usr/include/mysql
/usr/share/mysql /usr/man/man1/mysql.1 /usr/man/man1/mysql.1.gz

I have MySQL installed where the databases are in the
/var/lib/mysql directories.

Where can I locate the header files the installer is complaining
about. Is it the same directory where "mysqld" is installed?

what should I use for the ./configure --with-mysql=/usr/bin/mysql

I tried the above and it does not work. Does it make a difference
if MySQL is running or not during the PHP upgrade?

Regards,

Normand J. Charette
PathFinder Software/Affiliate Software
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.AffiliateSoftware.net

I upgraded PHP from 4.0.3pl1 to php-4.2.3 on my Apache/1.3.14
using 'apxs' and I did not received any errors during the
configure and make. The installation seems to have gone just
fine.

However, when I load a phpinfo.php document I get the 4.0.3pl1
version displayed???

What can be wrong and what test or steps do I need to perform to
correct this?