well i told him it was probably java or something of the sort cuz he uses
java in his pages sometimes expecially when it comes to buttons or something
of that sort.. he has done about 24 web sites and all but 2 or 3 are framed
based with a minimum of 4 frames in it.. 1 for the logo 1 for a nav bar and
2 for content .. if he doesnt do that then he has a logo fram 2 nav bars and
a main content frame.. after that it can get up to 6 or even some pages i
seen with 8 frames in it... its annoying and i told him that for people that
are visually impared (which he is that himself) or people who use jaws for
windows screen reader on their computer frames arent the best thing in the
world to use.. i told him that frames can be usefull to a point but overall
they suck and moreso its a bad thing to get into for the blind users of his
pages.. he has the problem though of saying it doesnt make a bit of
difference to him if people have frames turned off or cant display frames or
the blind people have a hrd time with it...its their problem and not his.. i
told him toput a <noframes> section in the pages but he absolutely refuses
and so whatever i make with php/sql  has to fit in a frame 650 pixels wide
and we are running into lots of problems trying to get ie and netscape to
show the same thing in both browsers.. so i told him to drop the frames and
i basically got yelled at for it..

oh well he said that frames are good for the sighted people because it makes
things easier to find and makes the page look better...is this true or are
frames just utterly useless?

if you want a look at some of the stuff we done go to
www.wellstonmichigan.com/members/membersmain.htm and take a look... its a
front end part of a program i made for his web site...

btw i am also totally blind using jaws for windows and even though i have
great concepts of where to put stuff on pages he is telling me its all wrong
visually and it needs to be redone so he told me where to put stuff and i
had to move everything around on it..

if you do take a look at those pages the whole layout was my idea and i
wrote it myself without his changes... let me know if i am doing ok with it
or if he is right in that m atter..

sorry if this starting to fall outside php line but as far as php goes i
think its important things to concider in my php/sql programming life..
i know im not talking direct code but i do need to know if i have layout
problems or if the guy is taking his sight for granted...

tnx