Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I have changed all of the $HTTP_POST_VARS
[param] for $_POST['param'] and I'm still getting the same errors.

Is there anything else I could try?

Thanks,
Nick

--- In php-list@yahoogroups.com, James Keeline <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- "nickwalsh.rm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I've been receiving errors in a PHP script since my webhosts did
an
> > upgrade of PHP to 4.4.2. Here's an excerpt of the script and the
> > errors I receive:
> >
> > /*
> > require_once ("includes/config.inc");
> >
> > $page_title = 'Urban Decay Music - Register';
> >

> > if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS[Submit])) {
>

> Your first consideration is that $HTTP_POST_VARS is probably no
longer defined in your PHP version
> (you didn't state what the old version was).  The new superglobal
to use is $_POST which is more
> concise.  If you want to minimize your code rewrite and search-
replace is not desired, you can do
> something like:
>
> $HTTP_POST_VARS = $_POST;
>
> at the top of your program before you use any of the variables.
>
> It is also sometimes helpful to print out a diagnostic with a
display of the form variables coming
> in.  I normally do this with:

true));

> Since it is on one line, it is easily commented out when desired.
You can replace $_POST with
> another variable you care to test.  The fieldset tags draw a box
around the info and the pre tags
> keep the spacing and newlines in the display with a monospace
font.  The print_r() function will
> use spaces and newlines so it is important to preserve this.  The
second argument returns the
> output through the function name so it can be inserted into the %s
in the printf() format
> argument.
>
> Hopefully, this will take care of one source of problems for you.
>
> James

http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/HKFolB/TM

Shortcut URL to this page:
Yahoo! Groups Links