Hi Wade,

We should take this off list since it more of a server issue than PHP.

First, if you are not running PHP with PHPsuExec enabled php runs as
nobody on most servers. Personally I run my servers with PHPsuExec
enabled to avoid permission issues with files that are FTP to the
server by a user account then having to manipulate those same files
with PHP scripts. FTP would make the files user:user but PHP would be
running as nobody. By enabling PHPsuExec PHP with wun as the user
account requesting the execution of the script. So if you DO NOT have
PHPsuExec enabled change the folder and file permissions to match
what PHP runs as on your server.

Can you email me your httpd.conf file and the /var/www/public_html/
joomlaconfigueration.php file. I'll review them and tell you what you
need to do. How did you run the installer? What was the path?

http://basl-ok.org/joomla/

Was the address you used to run the installer for joomla? If not what
was the URL used? I still think you are having a path issue.

Sincerely,
Mike
--
Mike Brandonisio          *    Web Hosting
Tech One Illustration     *    Internet Marketing

     JIKOmetrix - Reliable web hosting