05232007 2208 GMT-6 DST

If your client has as many images as they say, Im guessing that your
going to write a thumbnail function so you are not storing two of every
image. I personally wouldnt do this on Windows just because, its unknown
as to how many people will be accessing this information at any point in
time. Im not sure about the performance issue here. You have the
php/mysql lookup, the thumbnail function, the retrieval of the actual
image..... I would think Linux would be better speed wise.

Wade