--- On Mon, 10/27/08, bryan_is_south <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > And it gives me three error messages:
> >
> > 2 like this: "Warning: open(/tmp\sess_...,
> O_RDWR) failed: No such
> > file or directory (2) in ..."
> > And another that says "Failed to write session
> data (files). Please
> > verify that the current setting of session.save_path
> is correct..."
>
> > ------------------------------------
> >
> > /tmp\sess_...
> >
> > Linux or Windows?
> >
> > Make up your mind lol!
> >

> ------------
>
> I'm on Windows. XP to be exact. But that is the error
> it gives me...
> The only thing I changed in those was I took out the long
> string of
> letters and numbers. Here is the full error messages
> without any
> deletions though:
>
> Warning:
> open(/tmp\sess_a68c3a0287f2393832cc6a40b5d77755, O_RDWR)
> failed: No such file or directory (2) in
> c:\phpdev5\www\metalopia
> website\sessions.php on line 2
>
> Warning:
> open(/tmp\sess_a68c3a0287f2393832cc6a40b5d77755, O_RDWR)
> failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0
>
> Warning: Failed to write session data (files). Please
> verify that the
> current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in
> Unknown on
> line 0
>

> Is this abnormal for Windows or something?
> Any ideas for getting it running?
>
> Thanks,
> -bryan

The point about  Windows or Linux is that they expect different 'backslashes'
that is / or \  in fact Linux is clever and can cope with both while Windows
can't.

So what's causing the problem is this /tmp\ses...

If you changed it to  \tmp\ses....

it will probably work - no guarantee, but it's not much effort to try :-)

Easily done, by the way, Linux is case sensitive for file names and Windows
isn't - that's another good sticking point.