----- Original Message -----
From: "HELLBOY"

Hi All,
Here is the reason why i ak asking for ur help.

I have a edit form in which the values already stored in DB are populated.
User can edit some or all the values in the form.
then he submit the form.

NOW I WANT SOME JAVASCRIPT / PHP FUNCTIONALITY WHICH WILL GIVE ME THE
types & values OF ALL ELEMENTS ON FORM WHICH SHOULD BE before submitting &
after submitting.
I HAVE TO COMPARE  these values so that i can send only changed values to
server.

I HAD TRIED form.elements in JAVASCRIPT BUT IT GIVES SAME VALUES.

Regards,
Rider
-------------------------------
Hello HELLBOY,

If you want to do something before submitting a form then you are talking about
browser code and
this group is about php - a server code so we can't help you with this question
here.

In any case some people disable Javascript so you need a system based plain
HTML with perhaps some
Javascript for extra but not required functions.

Why not just send on all the fields, changed or not, and sort it out on the
server. The server has
to validate the data anyway.

When you have done that, then worry about any Javascript but please don't ask
here unless you are
looking at some php generated AJAX.

What you are asking can be done in Javascript but this is the wrong group to
ask about Javascript.

Thanks.