----- Original Message -----
From: "HELLBOY"

Hi All,
Here is the reason why i ak asking for ur help.

I have a edit form in which the values already stored in DB are populated.
User can edit some or all the values in the form.
then he submit the form.

NOW I WANT SOME JAVASCRIPT / PHP FUNCTIONALITY WHICH WILL GIVE ME THE
types & values OF ALL ELEMENTS ON FORM WHICH SHOULD BE before submitting &
after submitting.
I HAVE TO COMPARE  these values so that i can send only changed values to
server.

I HAD TRIED form.elements in JAVASCRIPT BUT IT GIVES SAME VALUES.

Regards,
Rider
------------------------------------

Hello HELLBOY,

After re-reading you post I have a suggestion.

<form action="..." method="POST">
<?php
$array['field1'] = 'some value';
$array[field2'] = 'some other value';
$array['field3'] = 'yet another value';

foreach($array as $key => $value)
  {
  echo('<input type="text" name="' . $key . '" value="' . $value . '">' . "\n");
  echo('<input type="hidden" name="old_' . $key . '" value="' . $value . '">' .
"\n");
  }
?>
<input type="submit" .....