Hello all,
             I want to know how to get information about field types. I am
using MyISAM.

I can see some MySQL instructions that can do this for one field at a time but
I want to get the
stats for a whole table at once.

For example -

How do I get information on each field of a table as to weather or not that
field can be null?

And how do I get each data type for each of the fields in a table?

I need the 'NOT NULL' / 'NULL' to force the administrator to allow access to
this field for users
who are permitted to add data items.

I also need the data type so that I can associate validation REGEX with a field
type as the data
base is too broad to script individual field validations in php.

Any pointers for REGEX for various MySQL data types would be greatly
appreciated as I have no real
experience with REGEX.

Thanks all, Robert.