On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 11:42 AM, Jonny Stirling
<phoe...@jonstirling.co.uk> wrote:

> Pierre,
>
> I think I can see what you're getting at with that suggestion, but I don't
> believe it fits with what the ideas have been.

It is. The idea was to have a blog.

> From what I can tell your suggestion is effectively a variation on a planet
> but with the people having to specifically submit posts to repos and auto
> published. Is that correct?

I mean a blog for each individual contributor or a way to get their
existing blog published under people.php.net/<username>/, or the feed
related to core dev.

> From a personal point of view, I was expecting this to become something
> along the line of curated content either written and approved by those
> managing it, or accepted from submissions, not simply an aggregation of
> posts posted by a select group of people.

It is not a selected group of people but all contributors to php.net,
please check people.php.net.

> Admittedly this would take a lot more effort, but I think there are the
> people around who are able to put the time in to keep it on track.

As long as we do not make www.php.net a blog for all personal views
from individual contributors, I have to support the idea. And this is
what Joe had in mind, a blog. It cannot work on www.php.net/ because
of all the reasons explained in this thread.

--
Pierre

@pierrejoye | http://www.libgd.org