Den man. 10. dec. 2018 kl. 02.13 skrev Peter Kokot <p...@php.net>:

> Commit:    be3c259ecaae28db43a3a8c30338a876f112e36e
> Author:    Peter Kokot <peterko...@gmail.com>         Mon, 10 Dec 2018
> 02:08:58 +0100
> Parents:   3f4ad27d0ebacbd2454b5107cc8017acc66ce9ce
> Branches:  master
>
> Link:
> http://git.php.net/?p=web/bugs.git;a=commitdiff;h=be3c259ecaae28db43a3a8c30338a876f112e36e
>
> Log:
> Add .editorconfig file
>
> This patch adds initial EditorConfig [1] file with sensible defaults
> specific for future PHP code, HTML templates, and possible other file
> types. It helps formating code and new files in editors and IDEs that
> utilize EditorConfig settings. Current state of EditorConfig provides
> setting identation style and level, new lines types, files encodings,
> and similar basic files and code configurations.

Where and when was all this decided and discussed to move forward with
composer usage and all these other improvements? Don't get me wrong,
it's not that I do not appreciate the activity and work going into the
website code but I have not seen anywhere where this was posted on the
webmaster list and agreed with the other active webmasters.

I myself am not keen on this as we have notoriously been reliant on
our own infrastructure (PEAR), but no that its almost safe to say its
'dead', there should be a discussion and debate first before radical
changes out of the 'blue'.

regards,

Kalle Sommer Nielsen
ka...@php.net