> FTR I quickly skimmed all the user notes and they all seem as genuine
> comments to me.

    I did, as well, and I'm inclined to believe this earlier presumption is
most accurate:

My guess would be that this came from automated scanning tool and it’s the
> HackerRank who might have copied the content and is actually is in
> infringement of the PHP license.

     The DMCA complaint isn't even full and accurate, as it doesn't
identify what is infringing upon their rights, nor does it indicate when
their "Copyright" first took effect.  Copyrights don't work retroactively,
and with the exception of two user notes and two minor, generic commits to
the doc entry itself, nothing has changed in at least six years.