you could also try this:

header("Content-Type: application/octet-stream");
header("Content-Type: application/force-download");
header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=$name");
header("Content-Transfer-Encoding: text");

or this

header( "Content-type: application/octet-stream" );
header( "Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=$skeleton_name.skl" );
header( "Content-Length: $filesize" );
echo $file_contents;

or this

$size=filesize("urfile");

header("Content-Type: application/octet-stream");
header("Content-Length: $size");
header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=urfile_name.mp3");
header("Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary");
$fh = fopen("urfile_name", "r");
fpassthru($fh);

they all work for me =) I know I should pick one and stay with it but I get
bored =)