> I make them regularly, but how can I update them?
>
> Is there a upload-dir, should I provide a download-link
> (like currently http://www.t0.or.at/~sunny/php/, but that's
> the fancy ones), or should I mail it to somewhere? (I'm
> thinking on a regular basis for the German version [and max.
> the engl., everything every week would be too much for me]).

Upload them with CVS if you have phpweb karma. The chm files
are mirrored docs (and the PDF files will also be mirrored,
if we can find an elegant way to generate them on php.net).
So the only way now, to update the chm files, is to
upload them with a CVS client to the phpweb module.

It wont go out, as a CVS commit mail to php-mirrors, as
binary updates are not mailed to the lists...

> - If there is already a fancy style (should perhaps talk about
>   the date-format in the index): Why not use it at php.net?

Where?

> - An eternity ago I've reported that a download with Netscape
>   (also "save target as" doesn't work {here the file is bigger and
>   doesn't work}) is impossible.
>   If somebody explains me the environment/config of php.net,
>   I'm willing to check it for a solution or ask Kristian Köhntopp
>   about his setup, but not (even being able - is what comes out
>   as reputation)

What download is not working with netscape?? There is some
problem now with that :8000 port while downloading.
But I cant fully undertand what you mean here...

> to provide contents browser-independent is a
> shame for a provider of a "web" scripting language.

Right :) We are on it, to do that.

Goba