On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 09:24:34AM +0200, Hojtsy Gábor wrote:
> >I'm not very sure what I'm writing about (had a few beers too
> >much), but
> >it should be possible within the DSSSL / our configuration
> >framework, to
> >just detect which version of a language specific *.ent should
> >be used. I
> >mean after global.ent, overriding or adding something to it,
> >according to
> >the needs of the translation team.
> >
> >There is even a good example of this:
> >
> >cat de/language-defs.ent
> ><!ENTITY PHPManual           "PHP Handbuch">
> ><!ENTITY Date                        "Datum:">
> ><!ENTITY GettingStarted              "Einführung">
> ><!ENTITY LanguageReference   "Sprachreferenz">
> ><!ENTITY Features            "Features">
> ><!ENTITY FunctionReference   "Funktionsreferenz">
> ><!ENTITY Appendixes          "Anhang">
> ><!ENTITY PEAR             "PEAR: the PHP Extension and Application
> >Repository">
> ><!ENTITY FAQ             "FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions">
> >
> >Egon, this is something we have already been using quite many
> >years. Now, please fix that file :-;
>
> I completely can't understand what you are talking about... I can't see
> anything here need to be fixed. It is absolutely right in my mind.
>
> >(But then some crazy guys added that PEAR and
> >FAQ. What the hell do they think about, especially with PEAR, that's
> >somewhat recent. ('FAQ' is not recent, many of those questions finally
> >answered are years old)
>
> What is the problem with these, please explain!

I talked about global.ent, not de/language-defs.ent. We have sometimes
errors if someone makes a reference to the install chapter. If this
chapter is not uptodate in this language, the manual building would fail.

-Egon

--
All known books about PHP and related books: http://php.net/books.php
Concert Band of the University of Hohenheim: http://www.concert-band.de/