From: "Hojtsy Gabor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > The biggest problem is how a php script can update a file
> > as a regular CVS user and make a new revision of it. This
> > can be the case for the script automatically updating
> > Translators or some "Revisions.html" file in the same dir
> > as Translators with the HTML tables generated by the script.
>
> BETTER: The generated revcheck.html is not a file to store
> history about. So there is no need to put the generated
> revcheck.html files for the languages in CVS.

I don´t understand.

> They only need to be accessible online as /~rasmus/status.php
> is accessible now. So it is not a problem anymore. But updating
> Translators would be, if we come to administrering the files
> both with the old and the new system. Then the revcheck.php
> script need to act as a CVS user, and commit the new file...

To make the story short. German translators don´t need a revision
number or a revision comment. We need the diffs up to that date,
when the original translator or maintainer leaved the project. It is
impossible to make a script which tells a new translator he have to
add, delete or to modify. I hope you understand this. It can happen,
that we get a bug report about a misspelled word and if someone
correct this, your revision system would fail.

-Egon