> Can you add anything to our coding conventions
> discussion?

First of all, I'm after PEAR coding standard in examples. However, there are
some elements which are not covered by PEAR docs:

1. Always use the same values for server, userneme, password and database
name, when connecting to database.
2. Always use "or die(...)" in database examples.
3. Use print 'foo' when foo doesn't need to be parsed.
4. Use lowercase in HTML tags.
5. Don't use "$query='...'; mysql_query($query)" when its not needed.
6. Don't use a variable which in not set in example (see $user in
mysql_field_name example).
7. Decide whether to use echo or print (and printf) for output. I preffer
echo.

slawek-