From: "James Cox" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Egon Schmid" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "phpdoc" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 11:16 AM
Subject: RE: [PHP-DOC] manual.sed

> No, i don't.
>
> every time i use emacs i have to kill -9 it :P
>
> So this file relates to emacs? what does it do?

With emacs you can parse the DTD and store it in phpdoc/manual.ced.
Emacs must have the so called psgml-mode if you opens manual.xml. If
you load manual.xml you can parse the corresponding DocBook DTD and
safe it. Emacs understands from now on, which element or attribute
is allowed at any position in a file and can help with indentation,
validation and so on. Its IMHO the best XML editor you can use.

Please try it out with the HOWTO. There is currently a nasty bug in
the PHP manual, which prevents emacs from parsing the DTD.

-Egon

XEmacs