From: "Jirka Kosek" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Egon Schmid wrote:

> > Jirka, please don´t make changes for the rendering of the "see
also"
> > notes until there is a solution for the incomplete PDF manuals.
IMHO
> > it is an overkill.

> You mean: overkill = too much markup?

Yes.

> In general you are right, but marking some block as "seealso" can
be
> very usefull when rendering and converting to other formars (e.g.
HTML
> Help). Handling role="seealso" on para will be possible but much
more
> harder then on note. Using note as a container allows you to use
> simplelist if you want some longer list of functions or whatever
else be
> seealso-ed.

I don´t have something against a rendering a "see also" block. But
rendering the content with a list would be a nightmare. We had a
discussion at which place should be comma in this list. This depends
on the language and I can guess it will be look very funny in
Arabic.

> Ultimately, you guys (Egon, Goba, Harmut) should agree on correct
markup
> pattern. I just offered my opinion from DocBook markup point of
view.

If Goba and Hartmut ignores me, so we will have never a agreement.

> > It is much better to write the "see also" notes
> > as before. Indeed it will be too complex if you consider the
other
> > languages with different rules for rendering.

> I see no problem here, if you are afraid of localizations of "see
also"
> this is not problem as there is localization for this string
already
> present in stylesheets.

You can do so, but don´t make a list.

-Egon