Egon Schmid wrote:

>>DocBook stylesheets contain code for inserting puncation between
>>
> list
>
>>items -- for example between authors in bibliography. This code is
>>localized. Porting this code for our purposes shouldn't be hard.
>>

> Oh, haven´t known that.

come on, that's what the modular stylesheets and the localization
stuff in there is all about in the first place

(although it sometimes slightly fails, see "Copyright von ..."
  in german :( )

> Can it do the following in English:

> See also: func1 and func2.
> See also: func1, func2, and func3.
>
> and for German or Hungarian:
>
> Siehe auch: func1 und func2.
> Siehe auch: func1, func2 und func3.
>
> Look at the commas.

Sure it can (with a little customisation on our side), and there would
be no need to change the content on translations then.

But once again: the comma before the 'and' is not mandatory, it depends
on the style guide you refere to. Most languages seem to require the
absence of a comma here while english has both options, so why don't we
stick to a style compatible to all languages instead of sticking to a
style rule that even the majority of the native english speakers i talked
to don't like?

--
Hartmut Holzgraefe  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.six.de  +49-711-99091-77