 PHP Version:      4.0.5
 New Comment:

This bug has been fixed in CVS.

[2002-02-13 21:18:02] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Besier curves based on two points are a straight line.
Three points produce a quadratic equation and a curve.
Four points produce a cubic equation and a spline or S curve. Splines
are the fancy things used in Postscript to draw fonts.

Three point systems are used in graphics programs to make curves. You
click the FROM point then the TO point then you drag the third point,
the mid point, to develop the curve. In a parameter based system, as in
functions, the order of the points may be From, Mid, To, or From, To,
Mid, depending on the language. swf_shapecurveto() appears to be From,
Mid, To.

[2002-02-07 19:30:18] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I don't really know much about quadratic bezier curves.  Can anybody
verify that this is correct?

[2001-06-05 17:06:39] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

bezier curves need three points. I think the following sentence:
"The swf_shapecurveto() function draws a quadratic bezier curve from
the x
coordinate given by x1 and the y coordinate given by y1 to the x
coordinate given by
x2 and the y coordinate given by y2."

should say:
"The swf_shapecurveto() function draws a quadratic bezier curve from
the
current location, through the x coordinate given by x1 and the y

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=11297&edit=1