This isn't a stupid question!

It should work if you set cgi.force_redirect to 0 in php.ini.

You may need to restart PWS for these settings to take effect.

-----Original Message-----
From: Thales [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2002 7:43 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP-DOC] Stupid question about installing PHP

    Ok!
        I know it's a stupid question for everybody, but I'm here just for
translate the manual. Nothing more. So... I don't know nothing about
compiling in "C" or something like that. I just know about other languages.
        The problem is that I can't install PHP under any kind of server. It
was functioning perfectly up to the day I had to reinstall my Windows (I
know it's also a stupid thing to do - work under Windows). I tried to
install PHP with the PWS, and when the server is running and I try to open a
file.php, I have this error message:

"Security Alert! PHP CGI cannot be accessed directly.
This PHP CGI binary was compiled with force-cgi-redirect enabled. This means
that a page will only be served up if the REDIRECT_STATUS CGI variable is
set. This variable is set, for example, by Apache's Action directive
redirect.

You may disable this restriction by recompiling the PHP binary with
the --disable-force-cgi-redirect switch. If you do this and you have your
PHP CGI binary accessible somewhere in your web tree, people will be able to
circumvent .htaccess security by loading files through the PHP parser. A
good way around this is to define doc_root in your php.ini file to something
other than your top-level DOCUMENT_ROOT. This way you can separate the part
of your web space which uses PHP from the normal part using .htaccess
security. If you do not have any .htaccess restrictions anywhere on your
site you can leave doc_root undefined. If you are running IIS, you may
safely set cgi.force_redirect=0 in php.ini."

        Well... Then I tried setting the cgi.force_redirect to 0, and the
same problem was related. So I almost punched the screen and I decided to
install Apache Server. Before I format my HD, I had Apache Server working
perfectly. But now it wanted to say something bad to me. When I install PHP
with Apache Server and do all the configurations in the httpd.conf and in
php.ini, I try to Start Apache and the answer is:

"Syntax error on line 1022 of c:/arquivos de
programas/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load c:/arquivos de programas/php/sapi/php4apache.dll into server:
(1157)
 Nao e possivel encontrar um dos arquivos de biblioteca necessario para
executar
 esse aplicativo:

Note the errors or messages above, and press the <ESC> key to exit.  29..."

        The error reported is in Portuguese. It says: "It's not possible to
find one of the library files that is need to run the application.". But the
file is in the location said and I already sent it to various directories
and it does the same message.
        Does anybody help me? Save me, please!
    Thanks all...

Thales Medeiros