ID:               16660
 User updated by:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Bug Type:         Documentation problem
 Operating System: Windows xxxx
-PHP Version:      4.2.0
+PHP Version:      4.2.2
 New Comment:

So the filthy bz2 conspiracy continues - almost 4 month passed and the
tar.gz files are still not available...

[2002-07-01 10:02:55] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

It's a feature request. Let's close it when it has been done, not
before.

[2002-07-01 09:54:20] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I think there are a lot of links to programs for Windows which extract
bzip2. And since we will (according to Simone's comment) switch to .zip
and tar.gz/.bz2, I close this bug. IMHO it is no real "bug", since
everyone is able to extract the files.

[2002-06-10 09:08:09] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Uh, it seems like I was the only one missing from
LinuxTag ;(( I still have examtime... BTW we already
agreen on providing BOTH bz2 and tar.gz but as only Jim
Winstead can modify this, and (it seems) he had no
time to do it, it's not done... ;((

[2002-06-10 06:13:45] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I have brought this issue to Rasmus attention during LinuxTag 2002, and
he agreed that it is a Good Thing to go back to tar.gz or even to
provide both zip and tar.gz for download

[2002-06-09 08:05:29] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

There is still only bz2 as archive format for the HTML manual.
How about offering both and counting which format is downloaded most?!

    http://bugs.php.net/16660

--
Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=16660&edit=1