At 13:34 05.12.2002, John Coggeshall wrote:

>The return false part is ok but why not showing the warnings
>from fopen?

Well, the issue here is in the bugreport... It's not an issue of PHP
throwing a warning when a file doesn't exist and is attempted to be
opened, but it was throwing the error if the filesize was zero.. I could
see that being annoying. I've got no problem leaving the warning in....
I just feel that the function should consistently return false on error.

John
Ok, i just commited a patch that made *all* return values FALSE
but left the messages in which i think should be discussed a little
bit more.

From my point of view accessing a file should result in an error if
the file cannot be opened or in case of GetImageSize() a file operation
cannot be executed. For example i would expect GetImageSize() to
show an error if the information cannot be retrieved due to file corruptions.

marcus