At 03:02 PM 12/5/02 +0100, Tit \"Black\" Petric wrote:
> >  From my point of view accessing a file should result in an
> > error if the file cannot be opened or in case of
> > GetImageSize() a file operation cannot be executed. For
> > example i would expect GetImageSize() to show an error if the
> > information cannot be retrieved due to file corruptions.
>
> I agree. Absolutely. Masking bona fide file operation errors would
> be a huge mistake, IMHO.

I personally dissagree here - an error is a bit harsh if it doesn't hinder
execution - I dont see anything in getimagesize() which should return
E_ERROR - only E_NOTICE if the file is corrupt, unless I'm missing
something.
If you don't want to see the filesystem error use @ to hide them. Having filesystem errors available makes troubleshooting easier. If GetImageSize never returns them, how do you figure out what is wrong when you it returns false?

Rick