> > (Sent this to goba only by accident)
> >
> > Maybe it might even be useful to have something like a "seealso.xml"
which
> > has like
> >
> > <seealso function="array_unique">
> >     <function>array_search</function>
> > </seealso>
> >
> > Or something like that (this is probably not a useful structure)? This
way,
> > you can keep all of the See also separate from the function reference
and
> > closely together with other See also's, so that it is easy to organise
> > clusters of related functions and people can quickly see which functions
> > function should be referring to...
>
> WOuld be nice, but it's not DocBook XML and we will need to make mods to
> the DTD and stylesheets then.

Well, there is already a seealso tag in Docbook which is sadly for something
totally different purpose, so we should not use that. There were two
proposals
to use some list construct or to use that <note role="seealso"> to enclose
see
also listings. That would also make the presentation of see also lists more
dynamic in the CHMs for example, which I would love to see ;)

BTW for your other idea to have separate XML files to store see also data,
and
link them from places, I think it would overly complicate the see also
linking
process, and much more customizations need to be made to the style sheets to
check if a function tries to link with a see also to itself, so I don't
think
that putting see alsos out to their own files is a good idea...

Goba