On Fri, 24 Jan 2003, Gabor Hojtsy wrote:

> > This page is outdated and does not coincide with what we
> > have in the reference.xml files.  Sometimes the faq urls
> > are different than the 'normal' ones.
> >
> > To remain BC, we can keep this faq but how about we not
> > use the faq urls for it but rather we use the same links
> > found within each reference.xml instead.
>
> This should be moved to the reference part IMHO, as it is partly
> there already ;)

AFAICT it's fully in both places currently.  I believe every
reference.xml now has this information, at least it should.

I see three options:

  a) Update the faq by hand with links used in reference.xml
  b) Create an autogenerated list here
  c) Remove most of the faq and simply state that the info
     has been moved as each extension now lists how to obtain..

I like the idea of (c).  I also like the idea of (b) in the
future but this doesn't really belong in the faq but rather
when we finally autogenerate a list of all configure options,
it'd go near there.

On a related note.  Windows dll information should be listed
within every reference.xml too as currently only some list
this information.  Like:

  a) If the dll is bundled
  b) If it's compiled in the binary (no dll needed)
  c) If the dll can be found offsite (mcrypt is an example)

Regards,
Philip