Friedhelm Betz wrote:

On Tuesday 10 June 2003 11:21, Jesus M. Castagnetto wrote:

Didn't we have the same problem before, also with a
book in German IIRC? Although in that case the author
did not even ask for permission (I think).

No clue, nor do I remember.

I can remember one issue with the PHP Book from  Joerg Krause, he copied
alot and Egon was upset about it. Krause did even copy 'marlise', the mysql
dummy user. But I dont know when this happend.

Some time ago when I was writing a german tutorial, I asked this list too for
permission to copy some parts of the manual into my tutorial.

regards

Might be good to revisit what was dicussed then
looking at the mailing list archives.

Could you give me a pointer which year/subject/? Maybe you remember?
Then I can look up the archives and search
for the discussion.

Friedhelm

--
Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz, University of Applied Sciences Esslingen, Germany