On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, Gabor Hojtsy wrote:

> >> <function>return</function> is how it's done, just like
> >
> > Yet, return is not a function, unlike include or print.
> >
> > <literal> could get a link to the anchor in the doc to return.
> > same would apply to continue and break, while, for.....
> >
> > That is more consistent.
> > What do you think?
>
> We can easily make <literal>return</literal> to point to the return
> functions docs in XSLT, it's quite easy. But I don't know if someone
> would do that for DSSSL and still <literal> is not meant for language
> keywords. So if you would like to find something better then <function>
> I would not support <literal>. There is probably some other tag more
> suitable here...
>
> I tried to look up some more appropriate tag here for return and the
> like, but was unable to find one. Literals definitions is: "A Literal is
> some specific piece of data, taken literally, from a computer system. It
> is similar in some ways to UserInput and ComputerOutput, but is somewhat
> more of a general classification. The sorts of things that constitute
> literals varies by domain." This does not fit things like return. A
> language keyword is not a <literal> IMHO, it is more a <function>,
> especially if it looks like a function, and can be used like a function.

I agree, use of <literal> here is not the way to go.  I don't
see anything wrong with <function>, we use it with other
non-functions like include, print, unset, etc.  And, return
can take on () so that's not a problem either.  Constructs
are pretty much like functions, the tag works well.

Regarding the the other stuff, like break/for/while... We
could create a new tag or simply use <link>.  I don't mind
just using <link> for these.

Regards,
Philip