Would someone be so kind, and add the license text to phpdoc XML
formatted? Would be nice...

I can take care (if nobody objects). Where to put the xmlified license?

IMHO phpdoc/en/license.xml (and should be included from the bookinfo at the copyright part).

If I don't take you wrong;-)
IMHO legalnotice doesn't allow much xml (DOCBOOK) tags.
So I think it would make more sense to put the copy of the license as an appendix and link from bookinfo?

Well, legalnotice seems to allow you to put in quite a few things:

legalnotice ::=
(blockinfo?,title?,
 (calloutlist|glosslist|itemizedlist|orderedlist|segmentedlist|
  simplelist|variablelist|caution|important|note|tip|warning|
  literallayout|programlisting|programlistingco|screen|screenco|
  screenshot|formalpara|para|simpara|blockquote|indexterm|
  beginpage)+)

This includes the itemizedlist we mostly use for lists, examples, paragraphs... I guess you would like to have numbered sections... That is only possible if you put the stuff into an appendix as it seems, yes...

Goba