ID:               27583
 User updated by:  stewart dot james at vu dot edu dot au
 Reported By:      stewart dot james at vu dot edu dot au
 Bug Type:         Documentation problem
 Operating System: Any
 PHP Version:      Irrelevant
 New Comment:

I read 27323.

As a admin I plead ignorant to apache2 at the moment. I resolved to
worry about it one the apache group were pushing it as the best.

Last week I hit the apache website - curious as to where they were up
to and found that their site indicates that apache2 is the best option.
Their download pages say "apache2 is the best available version" and
"also available apache1.3"

I bring this up as 27323 and the apache group obviously have a
difference of opinion on apache2, perhaps the difference is only when
apache2 is running threaded? In which case perhaps php and apache2
would be OK in production on non threaded apache2 servers? Which of
course should be reflected in the documentation :)

:) Stewart

[2004-03-13 17:10:08] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This was already discussed in #27323.

But Derick, what do you think that needs to be changed in the
documentation?

I may add whatever you decide that's worth change.

[2004-03-13 06:07:27] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

But if we do that then we can expect much more useless bugreports, so
the current statement is safe, we just need to clarify it.

[2004-03-12 20:10:13] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Is that really our position on the issue, anyway? The PHP core is
perfectly stable on Apache 2 -- It's just a few extensions that cause
trouble... We should probably be saying that instead of just rejecting
Apache 2 entirely.

[2004-03-12 19:43:58] stewart dot james at vu dot edu dot au

------------
www.php.net/install.apache2 says not to use php4 + apache2 in a
production environment, however, the reason for it is not stated.

A search of the bug database for apache2 did not enlighten the
statement either.

Statements such as this would benefit from qualification immediately
below it allowing easy access to the reasons why apache2 should not be
used with php4 in production.

Expected result:
Enlightenment as to why apache2 and php4 is bad

Actual result:
Frustration as enlightenment was not achieved ;)

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=27583&edit=1