Hello,

> > Does it make sense to use that file for what I want?
> > What exactly does that file contain beside the built-in functions?
> > Is this file always up to date or do I need to regenerate it by
> > myself?
>
> It would be a bad idea to create a function list to reference pages in
>
> the manual, since there are a lot of functions not (yet) documented,
> but listed in the funcsummary file.

Well, so I just add the functions that are only found in that file to
the list and everything would be fine, won't it?

> I would suggest you look into the XSLT
> sheet published by the PHPEdit guys, which generates a reference list
> in XML format out of the PHP manual.

I did that and don't like it to much since it processes the whole
manual. (everything has to be downloaded and it takes quite a while to
run on my old box..)

I'd prefer using only the summary files, it seems to be much simpler and faster.

Just one more question: how often are that files updated?

Greetings
David