The chapters folder is silly. There is no such thing in the manual we call chapters. We can have an en/developers/ folder for example, where we put the developers docs (zend and streams for now).

Goba

We have at the moment: PHP API: Interfaces for extension writers (http://livedocs.homelinux.com/en/api.html)

That "chapter" contains the steams "chapter".
http://livedocs.homelinux.com/en/streams.html

I'm not sure what the proper words are, section / chapter, whatever.

I agree we should create a section of the manual for things which don't apply to general users. "developers" sounds good to me.
phpdoc/en/developers/zend
phpdoc/en/developers/streams

Is that the only thing we have to decide? If yes, then we need to:
a) move the zend docs to proposed folder, disregarding history
b) move the stream docs to proposed folder
c) add a preface for the developer section

Anything else?

Oh, yes! A lot!!
Update the Zend API stuff... :)

+1 for en/developers