I agree with Nuno here! They should stay where they are, the script
should get fixed.

Another option is to move these two pages to <partintro> (thus they
will display directly on ref.pcre.php) but they are quite long to put
here IMHO. There are other long pages (DOM, mbstring) but not so long
:-).

What if we use PHP: Hypertext Postprocessor :) I know it is hackish, I know. Anyway, I will first look into how this can be done in DSSSL (with a role="noversion").

Goba