ID:               34789
 Updated by:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Reported By:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Bug Type:         Documentation problem
 Operating System: irrlevant
 PHP Version:      Irrelevant
 New Comment:

actually we probably need to say that anything that goes into the
global namespace needs to be prefixed by a fairly random (hopefully
unique within the php community) 3-4 letter prefix or breakage is to be
expected ..

see the recent issues with the File and Date objects

[2005-10-13 11:49:53] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In language/oop.xml is already mentioned this:

"PHP reserves all function names starting with __ as magical. It is
recommended that you do not use function names with __ in PHP unless
you want some documented magic functionality."

[2005-10-08 12:51:58] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

We need a guide that explains users how to name their userland
functions, classes, exceptions etc without conflicting with future
versions of php (or atleast keeping the risk low) ..

so we will state the obvious like that we usually prefix extension
stuff with the name of the extensions .. but also that we postfix
iterators and exceptions with "Iterator" and "Exception" ..

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=34789&edit=1