>> Run the note's text through a spam checker on the server before posting
>> it...

> OK, if you are able to setup that on the master server, please do so ;)
> I'll then patch the user notes script to use it (just tell me what I
> need to run).

Spam checkers don't work (particularly well). Especially for non-mail.

I'd prefer the dual-opt-in-like behaviour where the user is mailed and
asked to confirm that he/she submitted the note.

After say 10 unconfirmed mails by a particular address, they could get
blacklisted.

BTW, I just made some changes to the notes scripts to use new, shorter URLs.