Pierre wrote:

[...]

And pecl is available as of PHP x.x.x?
What should people use with versions <= PHP x.x.x?
Or is this an issue, which Version if PEAR is installed?

Think, that should be in the docs.

PEAR 1.4.0 or earlier, available in all recent (and supported) PHP
releases. The installation of the pecl command is done by the installer
(gopear or with php releases).

The question form my POV and maybe our users remain:

Installed with php-release:
pecl-command is available as of PHP x.x.x?
"in all recent (and supported) PHP releases" is a vague term.

There must be a PHP Version we can name, where pecl-command is installed first time, no?
We should offer this piece of info to our readers :-)

It has to be used to install pecl
packages, not pear.

Thanks, I know ;-)

Friedhelm