This was already fixed in the English translation, so it's up
to the Germans to catch up (-:

On that note, Philip just said to me "i wonder if we can create a way to
store "important" items across translations, like for example,
deprecated status (ex. mysqli from that thread)"

After a bit of brainstorming, we came up with the idea of creating
extension-specific status entities that reference an extension's status,
globally (because this sort of thing isn't translation specific).

For example, we'd add new global entities:
<!ENTITY status.pecl.phar "&warn.experimental;">
<!ENTITY status.ext.mysqli "">
etc.

(remember, &warn.experimental; is translated)

That way, this sort of thing would never happen (once the &status.foo;
entities make it into the various reference.xml files.

bah.. the more the entities, the slower the build becomes. So, let's not interfere with translators work :P
Nuno
Sure it would add one new entity per extension (that would be used in each translation) so although this is a lot I don't feel the slower build time (wonder how much?) is reason enough to not do it. If we do this, the status of all extensions in every translation will be correct and doing this requires zero additional work for translators. Because most translations are on life support (let's not talk about that now), this feature is even more important. BUT, what else will it lead to? Can we come up with a different/better solution that also takes into account other things, like prototypes? Livedocs?

A big +1 on the idea. Who is working on the mega patch?

I heard Mehdi is but don't know for sure :) And on a related note, what about having a docweb tool scan for EXPERIMENTAL files in php- src, the stable state in PECL (keeping in mind branching), and compare this information to this new status file. Something like that might even help all three locations stay updated. And, should we keep track (document) _when_ extensions became stable?

Regards,
Philip