On 22 Apr 2008, at 08:18, Antony Dovgal wrote:
On 22.04.2008 19:13, Edward Z. Yang wrote:
Antony Dovgal wrote:
Outdated and inactive translations that do not build correctly are
listed here:
http://www.php.net/manual/help-translate.php
Maybe there ought to be a litle note talking about outdated/inactive
translations. It's not immediately evident why Chinese would be excluded
from the list.

Maybe.
Talk to Hannes about it (I CCed him), he might find a place for a note or something like that.

It seems clear to me (although I wrote it) but feel free to submit updated text as I'm sure that page could use more and clearer content. After this upcoming Friday most remaining bugs should be fixed so we'll also add a news entry explaining everything that happened these past few weeks. Currently the only link to this page is via "Other" within the language select box.

It's not fun removing 2/3 of the translations but reality is they are extremely outdated and even parts of the online 11 follow that but it's getting better. As we take translations more seriously by discussing them and accepting the fact that some are inactive, people start noticing. For example Salah Faya recently created an online editing tool for phpdoc-ar so anyone in the world may easily create patches. We briefly discussed having it work with phpdoc-all so expect more information soon.

So in direct relation to this thread, the three Chinese translations were removed because they are all outdated... along with most other languages. One goal is to get all translations to build but this does not dictate what's pushed to the mirrors.

Regards,
Philip