On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 15:43, Richard Quadling
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Maybe allowing links to examples from other pages would be a good
> feature. We have links to functions, can we link to examples? The
> examples would need to be named (I think), so a naming convention may
> be needed.

There is no "good way" to link to examples in docbook except for <xref
linkend="the.example.id" /> or <link
linkend="the.example.id">text</link>.
I don't think we need to invent our own example linking tag as in most
cases you either want the example actual title as the link (in which
case you use xref) or you want to make up your own title (in which
case you use link).

Adding links to examples from the "see also" lists (and class
reference pages) is obviously a good idea where appropriate.

-Hannes