A project of the Web Application Security Consortium is to try to classify and define security threats. For one of the definitions, we would like to possibly quote relevant parts of the PHP manual, but the license is a little unclear. I'm hoping someone can help clarify.

At the bottom of each page, there is a copyright notice:

Copyright © 2001-2009 The PHP Group
All rights reserved.

In the license FAQ (http://php.net/license/index.php#doc-lic), there is the following statement:

"The PHP manual text is covered by the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License, copyright (c) the PHP Documentation Group."

We believe in spirit that the manual is covered by the CC license, and we can therefore use the details of that to guide us. However, the fact that this is only mentioned on one page, and a seemingly conflicting copyright and license statement exists on the actual manual pages, gives us pause.

Thanks for any clarification you can offer.

Chris