http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h738/text

I like it, and this approach is another option to consider while dreaming up our ideal system.

If you page down a little, you come to the text where each line the
cursor is over presents a comment op along with a link to that
specific line of the bill.. I'm on a *very* old system along with the
Opera browser and have no problem with this working on my end..

Yes, I realize this isn't PHP.. Sure wish it was with this being my
very first post, grin.. Just figured, was hoping it gave one working
example that my Mind is grasping you are describing *at least in
part*..

Welcome to the list! :) Although our base system will likely be written in PHP, it doesn't affect the ideas gathering and such. And besides, JavaScript is JavaScript. This approach strongly affects the feel of the page so would likely be manually enabled by users. Do you know if a demo exists where we could play and break?

Regards,
Philip