Hallo Hannes,

> >> The directory structure is compatible with the intheworks namespace naming
> >> convention cs, right?
> >> (Meaning if we move to namespaces no change is needed)
> > No. The new namespace convention would mean that - if we chose phd as
> > namespace (note, lowercase!), the directory wouldn't be PhD/ but phd/.
>
> can't the module root (/phd) be the first level directory?
> /phd/phd/ and/or /phd/PhD/ is confusing and ugly :]
No, that does not work well. Having the module directory (phd) as the first
level dir would require anyone to checkout as phd/, but would not work anymore
for checkouts in directories like phd_0_4. For the autoloader to work best -
and easiest - a root PhD/ is required because then you can just
> str_replace('_', '/', $class) . '.php'
and have the file name. If PhD/ wasn't there in cvs, it would still work as
described when installed - but not from cvs.

> But that is the only difference?
Yes.

--
Regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen