On Jun 16, 2009, at 1:34 AM, Christian Weiske wrote:

Hi Hannes,

But that is the only difference?
Yes.

I don't see any explicit mention of the vendor directory must being
lowercase (although all examples are lowercased)..
That was consensus - lowercasity is to distinguish between "normal" directories (i.e. class dirs) and namespace dirs - at least in the PEAR2 standards.

But ok, then I prefer to use 'phd' and make dirty autoload workaround
until we move to namespaces.

..actually.
That will make the namespace name 'phd\PhD\', 'phd\PhD\Reader',
'phd\PhD\Package\PEAR' ?
No. When we use namespaces, we don't need the PhD class prefix anymore.
So without namespaces:
PhD_Package_PEAR_Web
with namespace:
phd\Package_PEAR_Web

How about using namespaces now? For PhD HEAD. PHP 5.3 is the future, so let's get onboard. :)

Regards,
Philip