On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 02:48:51AM +0200, Hannes Magnusson wrote:

> Note: As these modules use svn:externals you _cannot_ commit to more
> then one module at a time.

Are you sure?  I was working on a project where we had an external
reference.  You were able to commit to the main repository and the
external one at the same time _if_ you explicitly specified the names of
the directories.

For example, say one has this working directory structure:
  src/
    lib/
    doc/
    ext/ # this is an external entity

So cd into src and issue the commit command:
  svn commit -m 'two birds, one stone' lib ext

Though sometimes one forgets to do that, which is a drag, but nothing
horrible.

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/