2009/8/20 Hannes Magnusson <hannes.magnus...@gmail.com>:
> In 2 years (when everyone knows about the warning) people will be
> wondering why the example shows a complicated way to throw an error..
>
> The example is nice to show what exactly no longer works, but the
> wording and example show a hint of disappointment that it doesn't work
> in 5.3..
>
> I don't know how to rephrase it though ;)
>
> Maybe add <refsect role="errors">, including a file calling
> func_get_args() will throw an E_WARNING, even when included from
> functions.. ?
>

> -Hannes

Hi Hannes, Greg, and others,

I've been thinking about this some more and honestly, so far the
wording I first posted still is the least ambiguous and most concise.
I thought about Greg's idea some more, but that simply moves the
problem from one place to another.

What about simply removing the example unless we get a lot of
complaints that the wording doesn't sufficiently explain it?
Personally I feel that a careful reading of the wording should cover
the issue well, and just included the example to be extra cautious.

On another note, would just a reading of the version note, without the
example added, sound disappointed? :) Honestly I'm not personally
disappointed about the change. I've never personally encountered that
usage before and probably would have considered it a little iffy if I
had.

Regards,

Torben